Thursday, April 18, 2013

Boston's White Lantern

As I am writing this post my heart is quite heavy. I am still in shock from the Boston Marathon Bombings Monday. I was born and raised in Massachusetts, went to college at Northeastern University and fell in love with Boston before any man had captured my heart. I am a long distance runner and have been a Boston Marathon volunteer for many years while I lived in the city. So yes, I have taken this week's tragedy very personally.

Currently in San Diego, CA I feel slightly helpless, wishing I could be there and in some small way helping to brighten the city's spirits. So for now I thought I would propose a toast to my fair city with one of my favorite beers from Boston's own Samuel Adams.

Samuel Adam's White Lantern* is a white ale brewed with crisp wheat, tangerine & orange peel, coriander and Grains of Paradise. If I were to compare it to a wine I would say it reminds me of Viognier...luscious, floral, citrusy, bright and sunny. As I sip, I wish Boston more sunny days and a speedy recovery as I know the true strength and beauty of this city.

Cheers and my love always to you Boston.


*White Lantern is currently available in Samuel Adam's Spring Thaw Pack*



No comments: